Monday, June 7, 2010

Girly Night


Ira and I just got done having a girly movie night, we watched Sleepless in Seattle. She even popped popcorn! It was so marvelous. I always forget how much I love that movie. Its such a girly romantic movie. Ira said that tonight “we will have beautiful dreams.” I love the way she speaks sometimes. She turned off the kitchen light the other night at dinner and since it was still kind of light, she just lit a small candle. I told her how much I loved candles and she said, “Women love all things beautiful. Isn’t it wonderful how God created us?” I love that. It is wonderful.

Today was pretty good. I went to a conference where Svetia (I can never remember her name!) spoke about MTU to all the teachers and counselors who were getting their licenses renewed. Or at least I think that’s what it was. She spoke about their abstinence programs that are becoming mandatory in the public school system in Zhytomyr. Its so cool to see how God has just really opened doors for this ministry all over the city.

I also got to meet with a group of six or seven pregnant woman who are currently coming to MTU. It was so cool just to sit and chat with them about things that normal pregnant women talk about. I don’t want to spoil the conversation because I’m sure that’s what my next article will be about. It just opened a bunch of doors for awesome things to happen this summer.

Tomorrow is going to be pretty chill I think. Wednesday I might be going out to a village somewhere outside the city and spending a few days out there. That will definitely be an experience. I’m pretty excited.

We got maps of the city today too, so that we can start learning our way around. I called squatters on the simplest map and made Barry mark all the important places. Not that that will help. I know that its inevitable for me to get lost at some point. I just hope I don’t die by pigeon attack while lost. That would be the worst.

OH. It’s strawberry season here. We had the best strawberries I’ve ever tasted in my entire life today. They are soooo juicy and red and delicious. OH my goodness I just can’t even explain how good they were. Mmm.

Ira has a washing machine so I did some laundry and hung it outside her window on the laundry lines. I feel like for some reason, that moment will stick in my mind forever.
Let’s see…what else? My nose is infected from having a cold. And by nose I mean nose ring. I’ll make a healing salt water concoction soon.

Well, I think that’s it. We’re going to bed early tonight so maybe I’ll watch another episode of 30Rock.

Love you all!
Lorn.

4 comments:

  1. Your girls night sounds wonderful and Ira sounds like the sweetest thing ever. Popcorn in Ukraine - who knew? Did you put some m&m's in it? :)

    Have a great day today! Can't wait to hear more.

    (only one post this time - yay!)

    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just got two words for you: Gell. Less.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oksana will tell you that the strawberries are sooo goood because of Chernobyl !! I think Ira also has Pride and Prejudice ..another good girlie movie! So glad all is well...Ira's place is a wonderful retreat. Give my love to her!

    Chyrise

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH Lauren that sounds so sweet your time with Ira. I keep envisioning you when I read your posts and today I thought "that would be so hard to not have street signs and it sounds as though you just kinda wander around until you make it where you are going" ha ha. So different. I feel like you are a missionary (actually you are right now) I picture you in a long skirt and being So pretty! I love you! You're doing Awesome, I'm sure;) LOve you! Aunt JUlie

    ReplyDelete