Tuesday, June 15, 2010

sorry it's been awhile.

Apologiez for not posting yesterday, I kind of forgot. Mah bad.

Let’s see. I haven’t done a whole lot the past few days, mostly just hanging out at MTU. It’s been nice. Monday it was pretty hot but Tuesday it was rainy and chilly – so nice.

I walked all the way from Ira’s to the mission today with a map and my sporty shoes. This is a big accomplishment for me. But like seriously, this is going in the books. I mean I went the wrong way at the beginning, but I realized it and turned around. I’m growing up!

We’ve just been finishing up our second articles and seeing if they need us at the mission, which they haven’t really. But that’s okay. Everyone is very busy with the construction and getting ready for camps, ect. But we’re there if they want us to tag along! I think tomorrow I’m gonna try to go get some pictures and chat with a lady for a story. It should be good.

I did make my little scrapbook for camp. My group leader, Natasha, wanted us to each make little albums with pictures about us. So summary of mine: 1st page – my name is Lauren (awkward picture of me). 2nd page – I am from America (arrows at Indiana). 3rd page – This is my family. I have two brothers and two sisters (hey family). 4th page – This is my kitten (kitten says ‘meow’). 5th page – I like to write (half of the Ukrainian alphabet). 6th page – I like to take pictures (caveman sketch of a camera, like the first film camera you ever got). 7th page – I like to make friends (waddup stick figures). Best part – the whole thing is written in Ukrainian. Boom. I better be the best leader there.

Let’s see…what else?

We’re going to Kiev on Thursday, so that should be really fun. And then our retreat is in like a week from then I guess.

Svetia, Ira’s friend came over tonight and we hung out and looked at pictures and talked about Michael Jackson and Celine Dion. We’re like, sharing music n stuff.

Also, Barry convinced me to download Picasa, Google’s kewl photo editor thing. Apparently it’s the artsy, photographer thing to do. Hah. That was mostly a joke.

So I thought I was going to come here and lose weight. Unless I stop eating and never take any sort of transportation anywhere, including back to the United States, I don’t see how that can happen considering how full I get at every.meal. This has to change. The sporty shoes are here to stay.

I’m going to try to upload a video from the other day. For now, here are pictures of us being creepy.

(Keeping the shutter open for a long time and moving your eyes around = you look like voldemort).




Anyways, that’s currently my life. I’m about to finish my book. It’s like half good. It’s one of those where I’m not okay with a lot of it, but there are certain things I will take away and keep with me. One of them is this quote,

“I couldn’t care less about evidence and proof and assurances. I just want God. I want God inside me. I want God to play in my bloodstream the way sunlight amuses itself on water.”

I just think that’s very interesting. I like it. Eat, Pray, Love is the book, btw.

I also have to make lesson planz, because they have assigned me two Bible lessons for camp. That’s code for “awkward lauren time as she stumbles over her words for her interpreter and lets give her a Bible, too.”

Just kidding, duh. I already said I’ll be the best leader there. That is a challenge. Even if it means the kefeir drinking contest.

I should paint my toenails.

Alright, Goodnight friends. Love you all.

I need someone to eat the spicy chicken sandwich from Chick-Fil-A and tell me every wonderful thing about it. I started talking about a buffalo chicken sandwich today and almost started crying.

k. byeeeeeee.
Lorn.

3 comments:

  1. Now you made me want to eat a spicy chicken sandwich or boneless buffalo wings. No fair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very proud of you turning around and going the right way! Believe me I understand. One time Uncle Mark and I came up to 465 from the east (70 I think) and we were heading to your house and Mark was asleep and being the wonderfully considerate wife I didn't want to wake him so I decided which way to go. Well, I went S all the way around 465 when in reality I was about 10 minutes from your house. dumb! At least he got a nap:)
    Your scrap book sounds cute. Can't wait to see it.
    I love that quote. Amazing thought. I just want God!
    I should paint my nails.
    well I love reading your blog.
    Isaiah 55:11 "So is my Word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it." Read verse 12. It will make you sing if you know the song. hahaha
    Loveyouju

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! All in Ukrainian? I'm impressed. :) I want to see a picture of it or can you bring it home with you?

    You could stand to gain a few pounds. You will be fine and you can use sporty shoes on a daily basis when you get home.

    Zach describing Chick fil a Spicy Chicken Sandwich, "good, delicious, wonderful, tell her I liked it alot" (He's a little distracted playing Pokemon at the moment.)

    Have fun in Kiev! Barter with them. I know you will be really good at it. :)

    Luke said, "tell Lauren I won my championship game!"

    Love you lots!

    p.s. I'm creeped out my your photos. Don't do that again! Let's learn photoshop when you get home. Anna Teeter can teach us. Bye!

    ReplyDelete