Monday, June 7, 2010

Thoughts this fine morning (Sunday June 2, 2010).


I still have this weird cold, but it isn’t bad. Ira gave me some medicine and Barry has some as well. It’ll be gone in like a day or two, not a big deal. Ira is currently listening to a mix of music that includes Christina Aguilera and Kelly Clarkson. I guess some things never change… girl music is the same in any country. I love it.

My poor stomach is finally starting to realize what I’m doing to it. After sleeping in until 11 (so wonderful), Ira fed me some cream cheese type stuff with raisins in it and blueberry yogurt on top and a delicious cup of coffee. While this was all very delicious, I realized as I was eating it that it was a recipe for a stomach attack (code brown) in about 30 minutes. Is this so gross? Whatever, it happens. Plus Kris will think its funny. Anyways, it wasn’t bad, but it did go right through me. That’s okay though. I’d rather be doing this than not doing this if you catch my drift. Bad expression for this topic, sorry. Maybe just a bad topic in general. Hah.

The good news is that I might get to use my sporty shoes soon. Ira said it’s about a 30 minute walk to MTU from here which is wonderful considering the amount of food I’ve been eating. (Celine is now on. YES.). Anyways, I thought maybe I’d lose some weight while I was here and boy was I wrong. At this rate I’ll come back a good 20 lbs heavier. So it’ll be good to do some walking and exercising. At least I’m not staying with Pastor Peter who said, “Whoever is staying with me…*hand motions of gaining hundreds of pounds.” Sucks, Krystallin. Actually she’ll have so much fun. He reminds me of my grandpa and his wife is this precious little babushka and neither of them speaks English.

I read some really great things this morning. I usually hate it when people are like, “Oh, in my devotions this morning I read such and such” so I won’t say it like that. I just decided I’d read some familiar chapters and I did. Every time I do that something always hits me. It’s so great. God’s Word really is alive. Here it is for this morning. (Now its Russian/Ukrainian/Something foreign techno).

Colossians 1: 13-14– “For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.”
Something about that is just so beautiful to me. Maybe it’s the picture of the light defeating the darkness, or the fact that we have done nothing to deserve anything. It was the Lord who saved and redeemed us solely because of his love for us.

Colossians 1:22-23 – “But now he has reconciled you by Christ’s physical body through death to present you holy in his sight, without blemish and free from accusation – if you continue in your faith, established and firm, not moved from the hope held out in the gospel.”

I love that passage because of the second part. Every time I read it, it kind of smacks me in the face. That if is so huge and important. It makes what comes after it necessary, essential for life and reconciliation. It could be so easily missed, and the consequences of that could be so detrimental. We must continue in our faith. We can’t just stand still and coast. We need to be proactive and constantly working. It takes time and effort to be established somewhere or in something. You don’t just instantly become an established member or society or in your job. It takes time and work and effort and desire. It’s the same thing in our faith. It has to be a vital part of our everyday life. And it’s necessary for the reconciliation and presentation of being holy and blameless to the Lord. Smacks me in the face. Every time.

Anyways, I need to start working on my intro article. And we have church in like an hour and a half.

Love,
Lorn

No comments:

Post a Comment