Friday, June 18, 2010

i don't have a clever title for this one.

this is from wednesday.

Making up titles is the worst. I’m awful at it.

Let’s see. Today was pretty good. I went into MTU this morning even though I didn’t really need to, but secretly I like eating lunch there. So I did. It was borscht and some other good stuff. The ush (that’s like an abbreviation for ‘usual’ but you can’t really sound it out very well).

Then Chris, Krystallin, Barry and I met at the little French café and I had a delicious Coke-a-Cola Classic and they had gelato. I tried getting there alone (well with my map) and I would have if I would have trusted my heart, but I doubted myself and walked in a circle and had to call for directions. Woh Wohhh.

Then we came back and did some little things and then Ira and I went to her friend Svieta’s house (the one who burned me a Michael Jackson CD – she ROOLZ) and played with her cat, Bucks. He is officially tied for one of the best cats I’ve ever met. That’s huge. You’re welcome, Bucks. He’s a Persian, but he’s currently shaved so now he’s a lion. I love him.




We also listened to Celine Dion and ate dinner. I mean Svieta is the kewlest.

Then we went to Bible study and now we’re back here.

Tomorrow we’re going to Kiev so I don’t know when I’ll get to post this. Sorrrrry.

Ooooh I got a huge blister from some sandals the other day and when I got to the café today, I looked down and my sock and shoe was all BLOODY! Krystallin almost passed out but she didn’t. Anyways, I looked totally tough and kewl and then Svieta fixed me up in her nurse’s office. Plus now my Nike’s (prounounced ‘n-eye-k’s’) look super b.a. and like I’m a hardcore sporty girl. And yes, I just really like saying ‘sporty’ because it makes me sound like the opposite of that, which I suppose I am. I mean I diiiiiiid beat EVERYONE at bball the other day, sooooo…

Wellp. We’ve been here about 2 ½ weeks. Camps start soon and then the rest of the trip will flyy by and then it’ll be over. It’s crazy.

I can’t wait to feed anyone who wants it some delicious Ukrainian food. Because I’m learning how to cook. Like a real life domestic grown up girl. Woman. Yes.

So this has been on my mind and in my heart so here it is for everyone: (it’s kind of long but I have Kris’ Bible and she has all the best parts marked so I have to say it all)

“Therefore, brothers, since we have confidence to enter the Most Holy Place by the blood of Jesus, by a new and living way opened for us through the curtain, that is, his body, and since we have a great priest over the house of God, let us draw near to God with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water. Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another – and all the more as you see the Day approaching.”
Hebrews 10:19-25

I hope that’s as encouraging to you as it has been to me.

So do it. Spur someone on to love and good deeds. Today.

And remember that he who promised is faithful.

As Pastor Peter always says (and I love), “Alleluia, alleluia, ameen.”

Love you allll. Every single one.

Lorn.

3 comments:

  1. Titles are everything. You need to figure out how to do them. End of story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ummmm that cat is FANTASTIC. i totes LOLed.
    also: thank you for being so encouraging. and funny. and kewl. and using the word "kewl" so frequently in your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am incredibly creeped out by that shaved kitty kat. i mean that will give me nightmares.

    ReplyDelete