Saturday, June 5, 2010

Other Important Thoughts

Sooo I don't really remember how I had this all outlined, so this is just going to be another conglomeration of thoughts from yesterday (Friday). 

I met with Natasha and discussed a little bit about what I am going to be doing this summer, but I'm not going to give it all away because that's what my articles will be about and I don't want to spoil them! Hah. Overall, I'll be working with the crisis pregnancy section of MTU and I will say that I get to meet with a group of pregnant women on Monday and I am very excited!

We have all been forced to learn how to give devotional thoughts and prayers literally on the spot in front of groups of people. Tanya asked if I would share something with a women's Bible study and after lunch I walked in to a group of 20-25 women expecting to hear some sort of wisdom from me...hah! At least I feel like I got the initial fear over with at the beginning of the summer.

Anyways, I just have to stumble through something that halfway relevant to anything that sounds less dumb when it's translated. Hopefully it'll get better as the summer continues. 

The food has actually been delicious so far! There have only been two issues for me: a bit too hearty of a breakfast. I don't like having dumpling burps at 10 in the morning. Gross? Oops. Although, I secretly did love the hotdog this morning. The other thing was the lard/cheese. It looked creamy and delicious, until it started squeaking against my teeth. That's an uncomfortable feeling. No thanks. But I will say the coffee has been so fantastic, and the tea too. And the ice cream. Yumm.

Well I think that's all for now. I apologize for the lack of posts and now the probably overwhelming amount of words to read. My initial plan was to break it up with pictures because that's what they teach us at college...er something.

From now on, I'll try to post anytime I get the chance. Even if it's short and dumb because I guess I can really do what I want. 

I suppose I'll go to bed now. I should start making some Ukrainian alphabet flashcards. I am determined to learn how to read and write in this language. Also, I'll post about today (Saturday) in the morning because church doesn't start til 2, nice.

We're going to have our first articles up within the next week, so be sure to look out for those! And the best part is that it will all, or at least mostly be different than anything on here. So that'll be kinda neat.

I think it's around 4:15 your time, so enjoy dinner soon! Someone eat McDonald's for me!

Love,

Lorn 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Emma will eat a Happy Meal for you tonight. Dumpling burp! haha Did it have meat inside of it? We were served the same thing on the morning we were going to meet Emma for the first time. Nerves, lack of liking meat and 5 in the morning did make for a very good breakfast/stomach for me. Love the posts and love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You seemed a little "spicy" in this one!!! ha ha ha! I loved it! Tired? Hungry for Mcdonalds? Okay I will be anxious to read the next ones!

    Mark 10:14 But when Jesus saw the people rebuke them for bringing children to HIM He was indignant. He said to them, "Let the children come to me and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these" Love you Aunt Julie

    ReplyDelete